Good morning! (: This was a fantastic week! Super exciting, for the whole family it seems! (: Everyone in my internet cafe has now seen the pictures of my new nephew! (: But our family has gotten a little bigger than you may have considered (:
Vania and her girls were baptized on Friday! It was the most special baptismal service that's ever been had! There was support from her whole family, support from her new ward friends, and support from heaven.
Flashback to May 14th 2013: Although it's been a while, I know that I have briefly mentioned a talk that we heard in the MTC by Elder Nelson that has changed my mission and my life. He invited us to pray for heavenly help, by name and by attribute. During his talk, I felt strongly impressed to remember the name for whom I would do the work in the temple that week. After delays and frustrations, my companion and I got to the temple late - right on time to receive the name of a woman born in São Paulo.
Even though I have been close to angels all of my mission, I have often wondered how I would recognize the fulfillment of her special mission that has been entrusted to me. A few times within the past few months, it has been made known to me that her family is living in this area and shaped the way we've been working.
It was confirmed to me when the Gift of the Holy Ghost was confirmed to Vania. This special blessing confirmed that her family on the other side have been waiting and preparing the way for this day. She was blessed with the gifts and responsibilities to complete the work of her family on both sides of the veil. Vania's family on the other side of the veil was tangibly present, just as they were in that tiny sealing room in the Provo temple a little over a year ago. It's beyond words.
Basically anything I have to say after this seems super dumb.
Update on the splitting of our ward: From a meeting held on Sunday with our Stake President, it's the difference of 2 temple worthy priesthood holders. TWO! President Prado (stake pres) has determined 3 neighborhoods where he'd like to see growth, so as of 8:30 last night when he called, we are only working there. Super exciting!
Saturday, the day after he arrived, our new Mission President, President Farnes (from Bountiful, Mom), called an emergency Leadership Council. Though we only spent a few hours together, we caught a great glimpse of where the mission is going to go with his vision, excitement, and love for the work of the Lord. Them both. President and Sister Farnes are FANTASTIC x1000! More to come after this week's "Meet the Farnes" conference.
Thought:
"There's no victory without the fight." - Our wad grandma, Irmã Prata
I LOVE YOU! Have a good one! (:
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment