(:

Monday, June 23, 2014

Hello! (: Well let me give you a weekly play-by-play.

Monday: After abandoning them for the third time, we had scheduled an appointment with Sergio and Serginho who have started coming to church again and invited us to reteach them. When we arrived, Sergio's sister was not home, so we decided to invite their neighbor, the ward grandma and the sweetest little old lady ever. We had a great, simple lesson planned about prophets and stuff, and it went really well, but in the middle..... Actually I don't think I even know how to explain what happened. It was like Sister Fuller and I had become completely invisible or left the room all together, in the middle of our conversation. Serginho turned to this little old lady and started pouring out all of his doubts and worries and questions to her.

"I just don't know, grandma. The Sisters keep talking about baptism (which had not even been mentioned yet) but I just don't think I will be able to be exactly obedient after I'm baptized." Then Sergio pipes up. "I read the Book of Mormon every day and I can't hardly understand what I read. How can I be baptized before I understand more?" And then this beloved little old lady starts whipping them into shape, answering questions, giving advice, teaching doctrine, and motivating them.

At this point I lean over to Sister Fuller, "Is this happening...or am I dreaming? You're hearing this right?" It was one of the strangest and most miraculous things that has ever happened. Hahaha

Tuesday: We worked all morning because of the afternoon game.

Wednesday: It was the final Multi-Zone Conference, in the which Sister Fuller and I taught a class about teaching with testimony and following up with power. Actually now that I think about it, it's basically how Elder Holland said something about "teaching with boldness and authority and then when the very first steps are not taken you have the right to be devastated, blah blah blah." Something like that. I don't know English anymore.

The companionships over which we preside have been changed up. Which is exciting. I'm excited to get to know the the few new Sisters I've never worked around! The count is up to 10 companionships. 21 Sisters. I don't believe I can express to you what that actually entails. That's a lot. Of. Girls.

Thursday: We got hot running water! I'm soooo happy!

Friday: Our Elder and Sister family this week invited 4 coworkers to lunch with us. It was awesome!

Saturday: I believe I had mentioned on Mother's day about my lesson record. Well, we woke up on Saturday hungry for record breaking. Coming in the door at 9:30pm, we crushed it with 16 lessons and 14 new investigators. Our teaching pool has been a puddle these last few weeks, but now she's revived a little. It helped that lunch was with a less-active couple, and dinner was at a ward baptismal service, in the which a less-active lady we tracted into this week (who has gone 6 days without smoking today!) brought her 2 granddaughters and their friend who are very interested in the subject.

Sunday: Very average. In that it was fantastic but nothing really noteworthy.

This week's forecast, a high of 2 exchanges, and with this cold front coming in, looks like there's a chance of 3 baptisms on Friday. VĂ¢nia and family and scheduled but have been out of town this long weekend so we have some following-up to do. So, we'll see what happens. (:

Ok gotta go! Bye!

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: