Hi! This has been a great week!
Our conference with President Farnes was outstanding and we are so excited to try and keep up with his enthusiasm! I was able to talk with some of the Sisters in my old areas. Seems like Jaqueline/Ingrid/Bárbara are not doing too well. Which saddens my soul. Márcia is trucking along! And Alex doing a good job baptizing all of his friends! Gabriel is finishing his dental work so he can send in his mission papers! It's fun to share this mission with so many top-notch Sisters who are doing great things in the lives of the people I love! Vânia and family are great! Excited! She is already an active visiting-teacher and her girls have memorised the first 4 Articles of Faith! They are so fun!
Well kids, this transfer, PQ Ouro Fino is being divided and another set of Sisters will move into our house! Woo! I'M SUPER EXCITED! I will not be sticking around to see it, however. I'm being transferred to open an area in a city called Votorantim and train Sister Zapata to be a Sister Training Leader. She is one of the sweetest Sisters I know and I'm so excited! I cannot recall at the moment where she is from, but she will help me perfect my Spanish! Argentina? Peru?
Thoughts:
"We need to bear in mind that people can change. They can put behind them bad habits. They can repent from transgressions. We can help them to overcome their shortcomings. We must develop the capacity to see men not as they are at present, but as they may become." - Thomas S. Monson
Ok, bye! Loveeee you!
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
P.S. Confirmation that the world is small: Yesterday at our lunch appointment, the daughter mentioned something about her friend from another ward leaving for her mission on July 30th to the Tokyo Japan Mission. The friend already speaks English, so she will most likely be a member of Jake Snyder's MTC district! She'll be Sister Murara!
No comments:
Post a Comment