May 26, 2014

Monday, May 26, 2014

Hi! Hope you've had a great week! We have! I'm getting tired of saying that, but it's true. Have I mentioned that I love Sister Fuller lately? She makes life fantastic.

Our conference with Elder Nelson was canceled due to a police protest in 13 of the states of Brazil, so we were grounded for the day. But all's well that ends well. (:

We are starting an early winter here and it's been super exciting.And by exciting I mean that we're paying for some of our sins in the cold rain. I miss the sun.

I sang in church yesterday and it went just about as well as it always does. I think I'll just stop now. But it's good to know that some things never change. #flashbackMaryDidYouKnow2010

And to top off what may seem to be a list of complaints, our golden family moved away this week. Figures. Haha. But! we've made a breakthrough with another family we're teaching.

Vânia and Júlio were a referral from his dad who was recently baptized in another ward in our stake. Vânia is torn between a few religions; she believes in the reincarnation, but also believes in baptism which is something that the church she goes to doesn't support. As she has familiarized herself with different religions, she has recognized that not everything that's taught comes from God and thus is "searching for God's authority to decide where to be baptized."

Yesterday she and her 3 daughters, Maria Clara (11), Maria Laura (9), and Sofia (6), went to church for the second time and loved it. When the girls got out of Primary, Maria Clara asked her mom, "Can we be baptized here?" and Vânia turned to us and said, "There's no way to deny it  when we're here, this is the church of Jesus Christ." I'll be transferred this week and they'll be baptized within the next few. (:

We're doing great! We're seeing miracles every day in the area. I'm so excited for the progress of the ward and those who are getting to know it. Hope ya'll have a great week!

Here's a little thought for ya:

"The secret is simple: Put your confidence in the Lord, do your best, and then leave the rest to Him." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthling

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: