(:

Monday, June 2, 2014

Hi! Happy Monday! 

Uh, surprise, I did not get transferred. That's what I get for trying to read into all of President Martins' words. I am so happy! I love love love this area and I am determined to make something happen here.

I have a testimony that the number of baptisms or reactivations is not a measure of success, but I also know that they are natural consequences of dedicated service, fanatic obedience, applied techniques, consecrated living, and eyes fixed to the glory of God with a vision to find, teach, baptize, build faith, and to clarify the way of repentance and retention. So I've been a bit confused for like the last 5 months when it seems like the greatest product of this little while is me. (Which is wonderful, it's just that I didn't decide to serve as a missionary to convert myself.)

So I had a good long talk with my Sister Training Leader this week. (Perks of being her companion!) I don't know that we've made any new goals or plans, but I feel completely content with what's going on around here. We're learning patience and constancy. And other fun stuff.

In other news, we've adopted 3 more sets of Sisters that we take care of, taking the count up to 19 Sisters. I repeat NINETEEN. Holy Moses. We have taken a little break from exchanges and have just stuck to training and following up by phone so that we could revive our area a little bit, but this week we'll start up again. Not every week probably, because that would be impossible with 9 sets of Sisters in 6 weeks, but by necessity and inspiration, we'll plan the splits. Seriously, 19. 

Updates on Elder and Sister Rock. Some weeks have been better than others, but this week was fantastic. We also had a ward devotional to introduce the program to the ward with the testimonies of the families that have already participated. Our goal as missionaries is to leave the family self-sufficient, with ideas of what works for them according to their schedule, interests, and talents, and leave them with a functional, personalized Family Mission Plan with daily and weekly goals and plans that they can successfully use. 

Parents, brothers, sister, relatives, acquaintances, human beings, children of God - How's your personal mission plan going? If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Savior's representatives nearest you. For real. (:

Here's another thought:

"The best and most clear indicator that we have progressing spiritually and coming unto Christ is the way we treat other people." -Marvin G. Ashton

Have a fantastic week! (:

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: