(:
Monday, April 7, 2014
Good morning America. (:
I've decided to just stay on this conference high forever. (: It was perfect, wasn't it?
You know when you're at the bottom of a big list of things you need to work on? And then you watch General Conference and your list quadruples. It's always so much easier to make goals than it is to make the plans to reach them, and far more easy to make plans than to actually follow through with them.
That's probably got a lot to do with why the themes of prayer, scripture study, fasting, and obedience to covenants and commandments were so popular in these sessions of General Conference, or at least stuck out to me a bunch. It's only when we're doing what's right that we're entitled to the help of the Holy Ghost. Only through His help we'll be able to recognize the ways we can be better and then have the strength to follow throught as we change our course. The power of the Atonement doesn't just lift us out of a rut, but is literally the only power that gives us strength as we correct our course, do what is right, and qualify again for the blessings that come from personal, spiritual progress.
I caught a glimpse of one of the videos playing between sessions on Saturday as was surprised to see some familiar places. And I was even more surprised to see my Brazilian trainer and other Sisters and Elders from my mission. If you get a chance, take another look at the clip "We Are One" and keep an eye out for the non-American scenes because they were filmed in the good old São Paulo North Mission. (:
And a thought:
"Yea I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things." - Alma 26:12
We're doing great! Have a great week!
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments:
Post a Comment