Hello! (:
Nothing too, too exciting has happened this week. I have passed my year mark, but that's hardy noteworthy, right? Sister M. Silva is determined to remind me every single day; She's made a countdown calender for me. 177 days today. What a delightful reminder. Thoughtful, isn't she? (:
We spent my mission's birthday on an exchange with Sister Figueira and Sister L. Silva and it was a day well spent!
One year? What?! After so long, it seems like I should be a lot more than I am or that I should have collected more experiences or knowledge or something. Maybe that's normal. As I've reflected on it all - who I am, who I need to be, and how to get there - it seems to boil down to just a handful of things that make up Sister Vaughn.
One thing I love is learning - from peers, from leaders, from books, from mistakes, and from the Spirit.
One thing I need is to talk to everything that moves about the gospel. There's just no way to sleep right if you don't.
One thing that's exciting is watching growth - in myself, in other Sisters, in those we teach, and in the Church.
One thing I think about is the tangible power of fasting and prayer.
One thing I worry about is a missed opportunity to serve, love, or teach.
One thing I know is that God is perfect. He loves us perfectly, created a perfect plan for our salvation, and reveals it to prophets today, just like he always did and always will.
A thought for your week:
"It is not a sacrifice to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is never a sacrifice when you get back more than you give. It is an investment,... a greater investment than any... Its dividends are eternal and everlasting." - President Gordon B. HInckley
Here's to the best 177 days ever! Have a great week!
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment