(:

Monday, March 10, 2014



Hello. (: Firstly, I would like to apologize for breaking all the rules. I've just been talking about the problems and not the solutions. Don't worry, I'll stop being a brat. All is well in Zion! (And once again, mom hit the nail on the head. (We're dealing with a #2 situation here.))

I'd like to tell you about a few people we're working with.

(Oh my gosh this keyboard is horrendous.)

Richard (HIH-sher-gee) and Silvia (SIW-via) are a less-active couple in the word. (Actually Silvia makes it to church the majority of the time.) Richard is a stand-up comedian and acts in commercials. They are so awesomeeeeee. (That was the keyboard, but it's fitting.) He's come so far and all that's left is the actual going to church part.

Jurandír (Jew-drun-JEE) is another returning member we're helping. He and his wife, Irene (e-dRAY-ny) joined the church in 1981. Over the years he lost he habit of going to church regularly and fell back into an alcohol and tobacco addiction. He's down to 50% of what he had been smoking, and yesterday, they were the first couple at church! Woo hoo!

One night this week, we were leaving their house and they offered to give us a ride because it was getting dark and the way back to civilization is not very well-lit. We had picked up a few addresses that we wanted to visit before leaving their neck of the woods, so we decided to stick around the neighborhood, but we'd return for the ride if we felt like we should. After a few unsuccessful attempts, we decided to head back to the downtown of our area.

"It's not that far in the dark; Let's just walk."
"I think we should go back and ask for a ride."
"Let's say a prayer."
*prayer*
"You were right, I think it's fine to just walk."
"No I think we should go back to Irene's house."

On the way back, we passed one of our street contacts who was previously super busy. ( (; ) She watched us from her gate, and after we passed, called after us and asked if we could come in and chat. Her name is Joice and her husband's name is Alex. (They have a little boy, although I'm drawing a blank on his name.) They are the perfect little family.

We're also teaching Sergio (ser-jee-o) Serginho (sare-JEAN-yo). They are father and son and their sister/aunt is a member. Serginho (who is like 35 by the way) has been going to church ever since his aunt was baptized about 10 years ago. He's waiting on his dad, who has recently started coming to church. Yesterday he came in a brand new suit! It was so cute! He reminds me so much of Grandpa Vaughn!

We're teaching another part-member family. Leire (LAY-dree) is the wife of a returning member, Jefferson. They have a 4 year old, Julia, who has downs syndrome, and a 2 year old Guilheirme. (I don't even know how to make these sounds in english.) They are the most beautiful family.

Ok I'm done rambling.

Actually, real quick, I'm pretty sure my memory card picked up a little virus because it doesn't want to send pictures, as you may have noticed. I went to get some pictures developed last week and it worked perfectly, so it may just be here at this particular local. Anyways. That's that. (:

Oh and we're getting massages today. You know, just your average P Day.

Thought:

"Rejoice evermore." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

P.S. This is the longest email in the world. Don't get used to it. (;

No comments: