On Wednesday we had a Multi-Zone Conference and I got to meet all my Sisters! We gave a little training meeting entitled: "Who am I? Who do I want to be? How can I get there?" We focused on making the most of our upcoming interviews with President Martins. It was one of the best things ever. Not too exciting actually, but it made my soul a little happy inside. (:
Thursday I spent in Sorocaba Santana with Sister Verçosa. She's training and doing a great job. We traded lots of training ideas, but I'm pretty sure I learned more than she did.
The rest of the week has been a catch-up game to get everything in order in our area. I'm not sure we're succeeding, but we'll get the hang of it. (:
Saturday was the baptism of Daniel. He is 30 and has the cutest 4 year old daughter. He's been investigating the church off and on for 3 years and has been giving lots of missionaries lots of headaches. The week before I came, he proclaimed that he'll only be baptized in March after his birthday.
So a week and a half ago, on the way to his house for the first time, Sister M. Silva was telling me his story. I asked her if she had faith that Heavenly Father was preparing him to be baptized on the next Saturday. Yup.
So we get to his house and as he is unlocking the gate, before I even have a chance to introduce myself, he says, "What do I have to do to be baptized next Saturday?"
That was a whole lot easier than I thought it was going to be.
KJFS678DASYUJKASJK89HDJH432ASJKHJKHAJKH324SJKHDJH2AJKHSSJK. My life's the best.
This week we're going on splits (is that was it's called?) with Sorocaba Vila Angélica and Sorocaba Carol. You're going to die when you see the pictures of who I'm going to be with. (: Tune in next week to find out! (:
Thoughts:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, nor entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Love ya'll and stuff. (:
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
P.S. There's a guy from my ward here who is leaving in a week or so for the Natal Brazil Mission! Maybe an Elder P. Silva will train Evan! (: WOO HOOO BRASILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
1 comment:
Thanks, Kelley! Nice to know that you're sending someone ahead to pave the way for Evan. I am so excited for him!
Post a Comment