(:

Monday, February 17, 2014

How do we make the time stop?!

This week we went on two exchanges back to back. We have two more in the next two weeks and then we've made our rounds. (P.S. the surprise exchange had to reschedule, so you'll have to wait to see in two weeks. Actually, these last two are pretty exciting. (:) Our exchange this coming week will take up the most part of 2 days with a lot of bus riding. As Sister Training Leaders, we are 1 of 3 sets of Sisters that take care of all the Sisters in the mission so we cover a few zones. 

All this running around leaves us feeling mildly crummy about our area and companionship. I'm not doing a very good job. It seems like I just need to get the hang of all this and everything will balance out, right? Mid mission life crisis?

Momers, Sister M. Silva (who is 24) arrived in the mission the same day I did. She was the first Brazilian that greeted me at the mission office! If you remember, we were sent to different areas, but we lived in the same house and spent the first 3 months side by side. Ever since, we've said one day we'll be companions, but now that we are, I'm not sure we're living up to our expectations. I am looking forward to remembering this as my favorite transfer with my favorite companion, but, while I'm not sure we're there yet nor do I know how,  I have no doubts that we'll make it. 

Well, we got an exciting phone call from President Martins this week. We have been invited to participate in a 5 mission leadership council with Elder Evans, the executive director of the missionary department of the Church! It will be held on Saturday in the Stake Center of the Temple in São Paulo. That's pretty much all we know, but we're pretty much ecstatic! I'll let you know how it went!

Thought of the day:

"You can't be a disciple without being disciplined." - President Martins

Have a lovely week!

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: