Well, I'm drawing a blank on what to say here.
We've had a great week! Among the highlights, we went to the temple and participated in the leadership council with Elder Evans. ´Twas superb.
He told us a little of the behind-the-sceens apostolic comentary when President Monson announced the change in age for Elders and Sisters a little over a year ago. Quoting President Monson, he said, "This has very little to do with the number of missionaries in the field, and everything to do with the preparation of eteral families. I don't know if the number of full-time missionaries will increase (although it has, from 50,000 to 85,000), but the number of temple marriages will."
This is true of the missionaries who will be returning and also of those we are currently teaching, as our vision is broadened to the whole plan and we help all those with whom we come in contact - members, returning members, recent converts, investigators, and strangers alike - progress towards eternal life.
I would like to publicly display my affection for and joy that Kelsey is on the edge of the best decision of her life. I think it's pretty certain that she will be the best Sister that the Brazil João Pessoa Mission has ever seen. (I would probably die if that happened in real life.) Anyways, I'm all sorts of happy for her and the people she will serve. (:
Yeah, that's about it. (:
"It is our duty to try to be perfect; Become better every day and look at our conduct in the last week and act better in this week, do things better today than we did yesterday." - Lorenzo Snow
Have a lovely day.
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment