Well, you're just not going to believe it.
Transferred? Yes. New companion? Sister M. Silva! Haha! Sister Martins said that we must have been best friends with Heavenly Father for Him to let us be together as companions! Haha! It's been so fun the last few days to really get to know her, because when we lived in the same house for the first 3 months I didn't really understand a whole lot of what was going on, but I knew I loved her! (: Haha
So where did I end up? My area is called Parque Ouro Fino in the Trujillo Stake. Ouro Fino is one of the 25+ wards in the city of Sorocaba. (I don't actually know if that's true.) Sorocaba is a pretty new city. It's well layed out and developed and it's gorgeous! It reminds me a lot of Carson City, if Carson were built by Brazilians. It's the hottest city in our mission. Woo whoo! Bring it on!
This area is my smallest area yet, but has by far the biggest and strongest ward. There are lots of members in every neighborhood who seem really willing to help. Sister M. Silva has gone 3 months without a whole lot of progress here, but that's just not going ot fly with me. I am SO excited to be here and we're ready to work!
I know that Bethany served here in Sorocaba, but I think her area may have been turned into an Elders area. I'll have to check on that, but maybe if it's still a Sister's area I can check in on a few people for her. (:
I have been designated as a Sister Training Leader to help train 12 Sisters here in Sorocaba and in a neighboring city, Cerquilho. We'll be going on splits with these Sisters one or two times a week starting this week. It's a good thing my area is so small, or I'd never learn it will all the time I'll spend away!
Anyways, this transfer is all sorts of overwhelming and exciting and PERFECT.
Yup. That's all I got for ya. Except a little quote:
"You must be the rock the river cannot wash away."
Keep it up!
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment