(:

Monday, January 13, 2014

We are teaching the coolest little old man ever, Moacir! He showed up at church in another area a few weeks ago and they passed along the referral to us. In his 68 years of religious studies, I'm completely convinced that he's memorized every detail of the Bible, that "proves the Church is true." (Not something you hear everyday!) 

For example, teaching him about tithing and we open up to 'ole Malachi 3:10. And he goes, "actually, the first mention of tithing in the Old Testament is when Abraham pays his tithes to Melchizedek." Who the heck knows that?! He's just a funny old man with a lot of stories and we're loving getting to know him. (:

Well, I celebrated 9 months as a missionary this week! Does that seem completely impossible to anyone else?! But it's been a good opportunity to revise my goals and make new plans in accomplishing them. 

Do you ever have those moments where you wonder if you're living in real life? I feel like that a lot. What a wonderfully insane couple of months. Haha. Oh my goodness. I'm so tired. 

Ok, here's a poem. (:
            I know not by what methods rare,
            But this I know, God answers prayer.
            I know that He has given His Word,
            Which tells me prayer is always heard,
            And will be answered, soon or late.
            And so I pray and calmly wait.
            I know not if the blessing sought
            Will come in just the way I thought;
            But leave my prayers with Him alone,
            Whose will is wiser than my own,
            Assured that He will grant my quest,
            Or sent some answer far more blest.
                 -Eliza M. Hickok                                                                                 Love you!

No comments: