Mmmmmmmmmmmm *insert awkward subject*

Friday, September 27, 2013

Welcome welcome!

What happened this weeeekkkk....

Yesterday I spoke in church! It was like the final phase of my initiation. I made it! It was about the miracles of the gospel and of missionary work. It was a miracle! (:

Also yesterday, I got bit by a dog. We were just walking down the street when out of nowhere this ferocious fuzzy beagle sized thing jumps in the air and latches onto my side. I just shook it off (literally) and we kept walking like nothing happened. It was so funny. Hahah

So this is transfer week and we got the call literally 30 seconds ago that I'm being transferred to an area called Jandira and I will be with Sister L. Silva in a trio, but I don't know the other Sister's name. Haha. And I don't know where Jardira is. So many adventures! I'm so excited! Happy and sad. afhwkrthinsdkljf.

This past 6 weeks have been some of the most rewarding weeks of my mission. I've never worked harder or grown so much personally. Above all that we've done this last transfer, I've made it my personal goal to be Sister Tavares' favorite companion. In the beginning, there were some days I wasn't sure who was going to get punched first. But, especially in these last few weeks, I've grown to not only really respect and appreciate her, but I completely enjoy teaching, tracting, and learning with her and would enjoy working with her for the rest of my mission.

Some of my first weeks in Brazil, I started a pep talk notebook. Since then, I've printed out little parts of everyone's emails and glued them into the pages of my notebook. Encouragement, advice, and testimony. Basically Mom is dominating at this point, but all of ya'll have made appearances. (: Anyways, it's turned out to be a huge strength to me these past 6 weeks. So, thanks everyone and always supporting me and saying what I need to hear!

Thought of the day:

"Stay on the Lord's side and you will win every time."

Keep it real.

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: