Welcome to Jandiraaaaa! (:

Monday, September 30, 2013

Well, well, well. Where to begin?!

Leaving Monte Serrat was just about the saddest thing of my life. ): The day of transfers, I was kind of looking ahead to 6 pretty chill weeks, being in a trio with 2 Brazilians in an area they already knew. Well, my Zone Leader left out a few little details when he called about transfers. Yes, I'm living with Sister L. Silva and Sister Souza, but I am also opening an area in the thick of the favelas of São Paulo and training a brand new missionary! Please imagine my face when I am told this 3 minutes before I meet the Sister I'm training. Hahah

Looking back, It's probably a good thing thar I didn't know beforehand or I may have tried to pull a Jonah. But it's a good thing I didn't because, #1, being stuck in a whale for 3 days would have really put a hult on the work in Jandira and #2 Sister Santos is fantastic!

She is from Brasilia and she loves cats more than the eHarmony lady. She is super sharp, has a great work ethic, and is just a natural with people. She has a huge love for the mission and the people here. She's going to change the world. (:

So this is real life. But it's wonderful!

I love this city! It's insane! Millions and millions of people living here, but they are way awesome! Our ward is small, but we already feel welcome and excited to get to know them more. There is no such thing as a flat road here. Everything is on a at least a 45 degree angle so we're getting a good workout. Haha.

We have so much work to do. Organizing, planning, training, and getting to know the area and the people. But I refuse to feel stressed. Nope, won't do it. It's the work of the Lord. When we're doing all we can, the rest is in His hands. And I didn't come here to give anything less than my best. Here's to a week of working, serving, loving, and learning!

Thought for today:

"Well might be everyone within the sound of my voice be by asking himself, "Today, have I increased in faith, in virtue, in knowledge, in love?" - President Monson

Well errybody, have a good one! We sure will! (:

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: