Elloooo.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hello all. (:

Man this week was just swell. Interviews went great and our zone conference was fantastic! I had been a tad bit worried since I arrived in Brazil that I'd been thrown into a mission that just breeds ferrocious, baptism hungry missionaries, but after getting to know my mission president better and after learning more about what his expectations for this mission are, I feel about twelve thousand and eight times more confident about where I'm at and where I'm going.

We've had a lot of awesome lessons this week and met some seriously wonderful people. (Do I say that every week?) The priveledge of being a missionary is incredible to me. All day long I get to pop in and out of people's lives, and while I don't know their whole story or what has made them who they are today, for the 45 minutes I spend in their house, I get to feel a small portion of the love and compassion that Heavenly Father has for them. This is true for everyone I meet - the people we teach, the members of the church here, and the other missionaries I serve with. Mom asked me if it feels like I thought it would. I don't really remember what I thought. Haha. I knew I was going to love these people, but you say that before you know them. And now I know some of them. So it's different but different is good. (: (not a good answer, Mom, sorry.)

Sister Tavares and I are starting to see eye to eye a little more. (: It's a process. (: Yup, that's really all I have to say about that. (:

Is this real life? Sometimes it seems too good to be true! (:

Today we spent the day cleaning our new house and packing up our old house. It was literally a "preperation" day. Our new house is rediculous! It's about 17 times nicer than my appartment in Jackson. It's huge and super modern (for Brazil). I don't know what we're going to do with all the space! It makes me a little bit sad because I feel a little less like I'm living in Brazil. I'll send some more pictures next week. (:

Thought for the day:

"Is anything too hard for the Lord?" -Gen 18:14

NO!

Have a lovely day!
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: