Holy cow, it's September! The time is just flying by! It seems like everytime I look at the calandar, I'm ripping the page of the last month off!
Nothing too, too exciting this week. New stuff pops up, old stuff falls through. The life of a missionary. (: I'm still trying to adjust to how everything's being run around here now. But I figure if all my opinions were right, Heavenly Father would let me express them. (: I know I have a lot to learn. (:
But the language is going great! In everyday conversation, I probably understand 72.4% of what people say and I can say maybe 58.7% of what I want. I don't know, it definitely depends. We'll go from one house where I understood and said everything, no problem, and then the next house I have no clue what the heck is going on. It definitely depends on the subject of the conversation, so yeah, that's probably pretty sccurate-ish. (:
I think in a lesson, I can understand 94.6% and usually say 67.3%. It's sketchy here sometimes, too. For instance, the other night we taught this guy who was insistant that we will be resurrected and then reincarnated. This conversation has a completely different set of vocabulary than a conversation describing all the parts of Lehi's dream of the Tree of Life. So when I'll be able to say everything I want? I'm going to guess never. (: But for now I'm just trying to memorize what's on every single page of the scriptures because they teach it best anyways, right? Haha (:
As always, we're doing great! Working hard. Enjoying the work. (:
Thought for today:
Ya'll know that motivational speech on youtube where the guy says, "When you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe, then you will succeed."? (if not, Kev, pass it around (: )
Desire determines success.
"Wishy washy wishing won't work." -Thomas S Monson
Over and out.
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment