Exciting stuffffff (:

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

This week has been so so so insane!

We had transfers on Wednesday and one Sister from the house finished her mission, so we knew Sister M. Silva was getting a new companion. Her name is Sister Campbell and she's from Everett, Washington! (Her home ward is the Everett 3rd Ward, so I don't think you served there, Kev. (: ) We did not, however, anticipate that I would get a new companion, but what in my mission has been normal!?

My new companion's name is Sister Talvares and she is from Cabo Verge, AFRICA! She's only been out 3 months and is still learning Portuguese herself! She took Portuguese in school but her native language is Crioulo. They much be pretty similar because the scriptures and the hymns aren't printed in her language so they read them in Portuguese.

She is such a stellar missionary! She is so so awesome. Such a great desire to work, great disposition, and great goals. Our personalities are very similar, but our teaching styles are way different. We're like fire and ice. She teaches justice and I teach mercy. Haha. Nobody's kicked her out yet, so that's a blessing. Haha. We'll see how it goes. (:

No, but for real, she's super great and I'm looking forward to learning from her. We're hoping to have at least 2 transfers together because our 20th birthdays are within the same week and we're already planning a big festa. (:

I literally have to be the only missionary that will have been trained two times, by three different trainers, all from different continents - and to top it off, by one who has been out on the mission for less time than I have. Haha

Everyone we're teaching is doing well! Maria, Celma, Ana Paula, Silvia and Marcos, Daiane, Daiana, and Bruno - all doing great. Douglas signed with a soccer team in Portugal and left this week for his season there. Gabriel is doing great as well.

His parents won't let us teach him at his house anymore and he's been really worried about them and about staying strong. But at the beginning of the week he had a dream. In his dream, he was told that one of the Sisters was going to be leaving. He was told that he needed to stay strong and that he didn't need to worry because he would make it. In his dream he saw Sister Alves and I with pictures of him as a missionary in one year. So that's pretty neat. (:

Well, we're doing great! I was way nervous to teach Sister Talvares the names of all the members, and tell her all about the people we teach, and teach her our area when I can hardly remember how to pronounce half these things, but thankfully I've been blessed with Dad's sense of direction and Mom's calmness. Haha. We always make it where we need to go. We see miracles every day. Every 10 minutes. It's beautiful.

Thought for the day:

"Men and Women who turn their lives over to God will discover that he can make a lot more out of their lives that they can. He will: Deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, pour out peace. Give God your best and His best will come back to you."  -Ezra Taft Benson

Welp, here's to another great week!

Love, love, love
Sister Vaughn

No comments: