Firstly, happy belated birthday Dad and happy belated anniversary parents! I'm glad you got my cards! Dad, we sang for you as loud as we could so you could hear it. Did it work? (: I celebrated both occasions with cake, just as we celebrate every other day of life here. Haha
The people are feeding us quite well. After we eat our body weight in rice and beans and all manor of meats and pastas and salads and soda, at least half the people we meet give us a package of cookies, or make us some juice or popcorn, or give us some cake or candies or sketchy pudding stuff or other little desserty things. We're basically living a Luke 8:10 kind of life, but I'm not complaining.
Everything is laced with sweetened condensed milk (if it's a dessert), doused (how do you spell that?) in oil, garnished with fat, deep fried, butter based, or, and most likely, all of the above. Good Gloria. Haha. My clothes are...fitting pretty well these days. Haha. I've gained 1.5 kilos in the last month, despite the 10 miles of walking we average daily. What is that? Like 3, 4 pounds? Quick, Mike, google the conversion! I hope this isn't exponential weigh gain. Haha
Ok enough about that!
This week's peaks:
Douglas was baptized! (And! We found out this week that he plays professional soccer. He's played in the US and in Paraguay, so he's prolly the coolest person I know..)
Gabriel got the Aaronic Priesthood and went to the temple! Happy tears! Ana Paula is doing awesome. She has a baptismal date for the end of the month, but we're just waiting for her to choose a date to get married somewhere between now and then.
José and Lia are doing fantastic! Have I told you about them? I think not. They are the sweetest, littlest elderly couple ever. I'm going to find a way to adopt them. (:
And Sister Davis emailed me and said that someone we found is going to be baptized next week! She's doing well and holding the fort down in Jackson East. (:
A little thought for the day from Quintin L. Cook's talk last General Conference that's stuck with me:
"To believe in God is to know all the rules will be fair and there will be wonderful surprises." Life's beautiful, eh? (: No matter what's thrown our way, we can be sure it's all part of the plan. "In every change, He faithful will remain." Have a beautiful week!
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment