It's me again. (:

Monday, July 15, 2013

Hi! Still alive! (: The week's been great!

Right now we are working with a lot of people, but our main focus is on Daiana, Ana Paula and her brother Gabriel, and Modesto and his wife Luiza. It's so fun to have seen the work in the states and to now be getting really involved here. It's a different pace and a little different game plan, but it's the same work.

Gosh I just love it! People are the same all over the world - they all need the message we have to offer. It's so humbling to be the Lord's hands. Sister Alvis da Silva tells me, "you have a big smile, a big testimony, and a big love for these people. You can't say everything you want to, but they can feel it." Or at least I think that's what she's saying.

The language is coming! Once in a while Sister Alves asks me to sing her favorite American songs. Rightfully, it's a lot of T Swift, but her favorite song is The Climb. Granted, it's by Miley Cyrus and that docks her about 12 points, but I think it's just what I needed to hear. "It's not about how fast you get there, it's not about what's waiting on the other side, it's the climb." Every day matters, every effort counts, every step is one step closer. We're working on this patience thing. But I'm enjoying every day. (: We're finding joy in the journey.

And by joy I mean cake. Ok let's talk about padarias for a second. A padaria is a magical bakery not unlike that of the Celestial Kingdom. Let me paint you a little picture: You have this big hot loaf of freshly baked bread with some melty caramel/coconut situation on top of it. How much would you pay for such a confection? Try R$2.30 or like 1.50 American dollars. So that happens a lot..

Some fun things this week:
I have mastered putting on make up on the bus.
We got manicures and pedicures today. (: haha
Yesterday, I spent the day with Sister Alves in the hospital which was..another adventure. My medical lingo is sub par to say the least, but I think she is good now..?

This coming week I venture to the big city of São Paulo to confirm my residency. It's a two day trip because I'll be with another American who is renewing her visa. Does this sound hazardous to anyone else? Wish us luck! Haha

Family and friends, I love ya'll so dang much! I hope you're doing great! Have a good one!

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

P.S. The street sign! So close, and yet so far. Haha
Also Momsie, my address is changing in the middle of August so I'll just give it to you then. xox

No comments: