(:

Monday, July 22, 2013

Hi everybody!

Mom, our ward is super great and super strong! Really active leadership and just super super great people. We're still working with the people I talked about last week, but we're also teaching about 15 others. Haha. It's unreal! Those 5 are just progressing the most. Gabriel's baptism (and hopefully Modesto and Luiz's also, although we haven't been able to meet with them this last week) is this Friday and he's so excited. It's awesome. We find people by clapping (yes clapping!) doors and street contacting, but mostly referrals from members of the ward or from other people we are teaching. Sorry I don't answer all your questions. What do you say, in a few months we'll catch up over some pie? It's a date? (:

This week has been kind of slower. Tuesday Sister Alves da Silva was feeling sick again so we stayed in. (Oh I definitely forgot to mention that we share a house with another companionship. We share the church building but are in different wards.) I took one of the other missionaries who's brand new and we taught Gabriel that night. It was so great!

Then Tuesday and Wednesday I went to the capital. It went pretty smoothly, I'd say. We only took the wrong bus once. 'Twas just a 4 hour detour, but hey, no biggie. (:

Friday, normal. Then Saturday I got the flu of death and have been in kind of a mini sleeping coma since then. I didn't know it was possible to sleep for 18 hours straight, but it is. They think it's some kind of mosquito related fever, but I can't find any bites. They're taking good care of me though. We'll probably hit up the hospital tomorrow if the fever doesn't go down at all.

But life's great! (:

Here's a little thought for the day: When we say, "look how far I have to go," He says, "look how far you've come." Although we may settle for less, He never will because He sees the magnificent creatures we are capable of becoming.

Have a lovely week! (:
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: