Hey ya'll!
Does every week get better than the last?! Nao sei, mas eu acho. (:
We had Zone Conference this week and Sister's conference and it was fantastic! It has been a week full of miracles! And stay tuned for a big announcement!
This week I ran into someone from Somerset! Usually, if someone's been to or from Pennsylvania, they name some place I've never hear of, but he shot out Somerset and we had a lovely conversation about Chickentown. (: What are the odds?! Miracle.
Yesterday at church, this man came that nobody knew and when we introduced ourselves to him, he said, in the only English he had, that he hadn't been able to sleep for days, but when he did the night before, he had a dream of our church building and he heard a voice that told him that he needed to find that place, so he did. He's in the Elder's area and they gave him a Spanish Book of Mormon. Miracle.
Also, be jealous. I sat in the man cave of a former Mr. California, Mr. United States, Mr. Universe, and current member of the Body Builder's Hall of Fame this week. He's our Gospel Principles teacher. Haha! Beat that! Maybe not a miracle..
Kim, I don't know how much of what you share to the blog, but maybe not this? Nahh, do it. Whatever you think. It doesn't matter to me. (: I found the reason I'm in Jackson. Her name is Sha-Sha. We had an appointment this last week with her mom, but she had just gone out when we got there. Sha wanted to talk to us and ask some questions about where she fit into the world. I just felt really connected right away; she just graduated high school and is going to Jackson State in the Fall for communication and wants to do video and photography. The more we talked, the more I saw in her eyes exactly what was in my eyes when I was 17. And than just walking away from her house, tears just streamed down my face and I heard "you're the only one." I told Sister Jenkins and she told me that while we were teaching, she literally saw a missionary name tag on Sha. Miracle.
This coming week is looking good for miracles. We dropped Sister Jenkins off at the mission president's house this morning for her 5 day Zone Conference tour. We are pumped and ready for a big week! While we were there, President McDonough gave us a pretty big announcement. Are you ready? Are you sure? Any guesses? I don't think you're ready for this. (;
In 2 weeks I will be training a brand new missionary. Yup. Yuppppp. Mhmm. Are your minds blown? My head is a crazy place to be right now. We've only been out one transfer! Holy Hannah! I'm going to need about 24871947823194 miracles every second, so let's keep the prayers a'comin'. (:
Everything that's been happening has been such a testimony that I need to be here now. Right place and right time. You know how I get so excited that I punch stuff? yeah, that happens all the time. (: I may not feel ready to train or be a leader over an area, but I know enough - enough to be obedient, enough to rely on the Lord, enough to bear witness of the Savior - I know that God loves all of His children, and that's enough.
Have a lovely week! We sure as heck will! (:
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment