Hi hi hi! (:
Our week has been just splendid! I want to tell ya'll about a few of the people we are really excited about. (:
Emmit: He and his wife are in their 60's and both run their own businesses from home. He says he's got two major sins: He smokes and he likes cats. For real this man has 28 stray cats he keeps. Hahaha. He traps them and takes them to the vets to be spayed or neutered. They are hilarious. They haven't really been too religious in the past, as far as church attendance goes, but they are really interested in change and learning.
Antoinette: This lady is incredible. She is a model and a mother of 6. She is the most generous and giving person I have ever met. Yesterday we were over at her house, and in the middle of our discussion she goes, "Leh me take ya'll out fuh ice cream! They ain't nothin' better than Jesus an ice cream!" Hahah. She's pretty much exactly like Glozell in real life. She also invited us to the beach with her family this summer. Hahah. She loves the Book of Mormon. When we read with her, she'll stop us every phrase or two to talk about it or ask questions. She's so impressive.
Kiko: He is someone that Sister Davis and I found last week when we were out alone. He was sitting in his car port and pulled up some chairs for us and let us give him our spiel. He is 25 and working to get his life together and get his priorities straight. He's so chill and relaxed. He loves to listen and talk. We've seen him twice this last week and are way excited about him.
Shamra: She's a fourth grade inner-city teacher and has two boys, Jarred and Jacob who are 9 and 12. She is really open and inviting, but she is also super cautious. I love it. She's very careful with everything she does, so she takes the time to think everything through, ask a ton of awesome questions, and then find an answer for herself. It's the best. (:
I love these people! (:
This week, Sister Jenkins found us some bikes so we could "get the real missionary experience." I was a wee bit skeptical, but YOLO. It actually turned out to be one of the most fun things I've ever done. (the helmet held it back from taking the #1 spot, but it's still high up there.) And then, while we were out, biggest rainstorm of our lives! We hid under the overhang of someone's roof for an hour trying not to get hit with the debris from trees. After a good 20 minutes lady yelled out her window, "You better go on home; it's getting bad out there!" It was a good time. (:
And, this week we found the second and final Atheist that lives in the South. One was nice. The other was a bit feisty. I think finding an Atheist here is an accomplishment in and of itself.
I think I should have done a better job of reading my sibling's missionary emails so I had a better idea of what I'm supposed to write. Haha. Ya'll probably think I'm just a goof ball. Well, it's true and I don't really see that changing any time soon. (: But I hope you never see it as a cheapening of this sacred calling. I love being the Lord's missionary. I love the Savior. I love sharing this message with Heavenly Father's children. I love my life. I love this gospel. I love you!
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment