Happy Monday (:

Monday, June 24, 2013

Well hello there. (:

It's officially summer! I didn't sweat today. Said no one in Miss'ippi ever. It's a bit toasty, but no percentage of humidity could stop the Jackson East Sisters. (: Mom, yes I wear my hair up. All day, er'ry day. You'd be impressed with my braiding abilities. (:

We've had a great week! Lots of finding, lots of teaching, lots of new ideas, and thankfully, lots of air conditioning. (:

Sha-Sha is doing awesome! (P.S. Sha's name is pronounced like Shay but she doesn't spell it with a y. (: ) Her mom is actually Antoinette, I think I forgot that detail. The day we found Antoinette, we were tracting and had talked to like negative three people who were interested. I thought I was being random when I picked her street and house - she was the only one we talked to in that neighborhood - but I've come to know that there is absolutely nothing random in missionary work. We are still teaching Antoinette, but her work schedule only lets us see her on some nights of the week, so it's less often than Sha-Sha.

Anyways, back to Sha. (: We taught her twice this last week. Monday night, she decided she wants to be baptized into Christ's church and we're going to set her with a date tonight. (!!)

The second time was just to drop in and say hi because we were in the area. She was on her way to a party so we asked if we could read a quick verse from the Book of Mormon with her. We hit up some Alma 36:27 action and she started crying and said that was the most beautiful thing she had ever heard and asked if we could read her more. We read a few more of our favorite verses with her and she asked for us to write down some verses and chapters that she could read on her own and then she reminded us of our appointment for tonight. Like we could forget. (; SHE'S SO AWESOME. We are teaching her and her mom and I CAN'T WAIT. (:

I'm really glad Sister Jenkins is back so I can soak up as much training knowledge as I can. She only has 5 months left and has been training ever since she has been trained, but the usual here is to keep someone for 3 transfers - two transfers of training, and one that they take the lead as senior companion. It's an adventure! (: I'm so excited. It will be great for me and my new girl (I hope). If ya'll will recall, I did ask for this exact thing to happen before I even got my mission call. (:

Ohtay, that's all for this week! Next time you hear from me, I'll be with my new girl and ready to start a new adventure! (: Have a great fantastic wonderful week!

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: