Herrowwwwwwwwww (:

Friday, May 17, 2013

AHHHHHHH!!! FAMILY!!! What an incredible week this has been! Listen to these highlights:

1) I'm not sick anymore! Yay! Better than ever!

2) Sunday, the guest speaker in Relief Society was Janice Kapp Perry!  I HUGGED JANICE KAPP PERRY! She is in the middle of making a CD for the new sisters affected by the age change and we sang one of her new songs for the first time! It was unreal! I tried to copy down all the lyrics, but it was impossible. Here are some of them: "The sisters of Zion are called to God's labor, we willingly serve him; our purpose is clear." "We will go forth enlisted with Helaman's Army." "The angels of Heaven are walking beside us, our numbers are greater than ever before." So powerful, right? When the CD comes out, we should get it. (:

3) AND! Elder Russell M Nelson came this week! He is awesome! He goes, "I've pounded the pulpit in your behalf! I told the whole world to, 'Ask the missionaries!' And they even make internet cartoons of me!" Hilarious! He just gave the greatest pep talk and encouragement and shared so many insights. It was one of the most spiritual talks I've ever heard. The power that accompanies the members of the quorum of the 12 is just so tangible.

4) By literally a miracle, I was Collette's (I mean Sister Knowlton (: ) host missionary this week! I don't even know how it worked out so perfectly, but it was right down to the perfect second. It was 'the best' to give her a tour and get her settled into her room and to take her to her class to meet her teachers and district. She's doing so great! I saw her again at breakfast yesterday, but I'm hoping I see her again before I head out Monday to my....

5) REASSIGNMENT! HOLY HANNAH! I'm crying right now! AHHHH. Miss'ippi!!!! I don't know a single thing about the mission itself or who my mission president is, but I'M SO EXCITED! It's perfect - I've already been to an Ole Miss football game! (: AHHH! I'm so excited to be so close to Grandma and Grandpa Vaughn and family!  As soon as I saw Mississippi Jackson, I was just completely overwhelmed with excitement. Immediately I knew, Jackson is the reason I needed to come on a mission when I did. There's somebody that needs me there. Ahhh, the crying again. It's the best!

I'm totally gonna get fat. Karma for making fun of Kevin, I guess... BRING ON THE FRIED OKRA!

Sister Stevens, Sister Brimley, and Sister Davis are coming with me! Sister Fuller and Sister Garner are going to Tulsa Oklahoma. The Elders are going to Billings Montana, Las Vegas Nevada, and one is going to Cal Sac! So jealous. JK. (: I'm so pumped for him though. I told him to tell President Lewis that Elder Vaughn and his sister say hi. (: Taryn is going to Salt Lake City West. Others in our zone are going to Washington, Florida, and Texas. There was one out of the 30 of us leaving who got his visa, but he has citizenship in Mexico too, so that helps.

As for when I'll get to Sao Paulo, literally no idea. They say anywhere from a week to six months usually. But I know none of this is in our hands. I know there's a reason I'm going to Jackson and I'll stay there until I'm needed elsewhere. I have a really good language study plan to help me keep it up, but that's the only scary part. (: Tudo bem!

Mommsie! I'm so sad that we didn't get to talk yesterday! Sad for you because I'm sure you just felt sick about it, but it's ok, we'll talk on Monday! We have a layover in Atlanta which is when I'd be able to call. I know you have a lunch date, but it's from 1:30 to 2:40 ish eastern time. I'll just call your cellie? There's not really anyway to coordinate between now and then. /: I can't wait to hear your voice and show you some Portuguese! It was SO FUN to talk to Mikey and Kevern and to hear Dad a tiny bit. I hope I freaked yall out. (: haha...yall! I'M GOING TO MISSISSIPPI!!! :D So excited to break out my accent!

Family, I want you to know that when I enter the mission field in 3 days, I'm ready to hit the ground running. I will never give up or let up. I will go the extra mile. I will be obedient. I will be bold. I will live my testimony. I will pray like it all depends on the Lord, and I will work like it all depends on me. I know why I'm here. I cannot wait to share this message with all my future best friends in the Mississippi Jackson Mission! I'm so happy! Happy tears! (: So excited! So ready! I love you so much!

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there ya'll. Kel you were put here at this time for the rest of us. Your optimism is so contagious. You are my kind of gal and the Lord's. He knows why you were saved for these latter days and the rest of us are getting it. You are awesome. Love you. Hugs.