Family!
What an exciting week I've had! I never got over the dumb sickness situation, and Saturday it got worse, so I decided it was time to see a doctor and put an end to the madness. We went to a real live doctor in Provo! In a car! They drove us down Bulldog. (What up Chipman!) And up University. (Yo Glenwood!) It was insane. I thought I had been bearing with patience mine afflictions, but apparently I'd just been fostering a sinus infection for just over two weeks. Merp. So they drop us off at Rite Aid to fill my prescription. Rite Aid! In Provo! It was what I picture heaven being, but with aisles. It was insane. (Kelly, Kelly, Kelly...)
Aaaaannd then this medicine incapacitates me. I was so sick. Sister Davis and I spent most of the week in our cave of a room until I was able to see to the doctor again on Wednesday to get a new prescription. Being sick in the MTC is kind of like in high school when you know you have a huge test after Christmas break - there's no way you're going to study, but it's always weighing on the back of your mind. Except there was less fudge. And less presents. I will deem this week as "hard." But my new medicine is better and I'm doing fine now. It's pretty tough on my tummy though, and it says that will probably continue for "weeks-months" following. Don't they know I'm going to Brazil?! Pois e. (Why won't it let me put an accent on the e?! It's a phrase they use to draw attention to irony or what they say when they don't know what to say. I don't actually know, I just like saying it. Michael, google what that phrase means, eh?) It's an adventure!
Everyone has taken great care of me and been so nice taking shifts baby sitting me so Sister Davis can go to classes. Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers! I really felt them! Everything's looking up! Here's to a better week! (:
It's reassignment week!! There's a slim chance, because of almost nobody getting their visas, that the Brethren won't get to all of the calls this week and they'll roll over to the following week - same process as the first time I sent in my papers. In the event that that happens, I will just hang out here for another week...probably learn all the Portuguese I missed this week. But let's just pray that doesn't happen. (: Hopefully I get my new assignment on Wednesday the 15th. When it comes, I'll be giving you a little ringy ring on the phone!! For real! You better answer! Cell phone or house?! HOW EXCITED ARE YOU?! (: Maybe it will be a call from the airport on my way to Brazil. (; Either way, I've promised the Lord 18 months of my life. When He wants me in Brazil, I'll get there in a heartbeat, but until then, I'll do what He wants, where He wants.
I love you all so so so so much! Talk to you soon! (!!!!)
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment