Didn't we just do this? (Not complaining (: )

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

FAMILY! Well today is my new P Day. It feels like I just talked to everyone!

We made it safe and sound to Mississippi! During our layover in Atlanta, Sister Davis and I were getting some snacks and the cashier asked about our nametags, so we had that conversation and she asked if it was my first mission or why I was so excited. After I explained my purpose she goes, "Good! It's about time somebody got excited about talking about Jesus!"  I love the south! (: haha

As we were landing, I was just looking out over Jackson and felt like I was coming home. It feels so good to be here!! (: We stayed at our mission president's home last night and got to know our trainers, although we didn't know until this morning who was going with who. It was like Christmas; as soon as we woke up, all 17 of us sisters ran downstairs and found out who we'd be with and where we'd be serving.

President McDonough kept the visa waiters together so we could keep practicing the language! So Sister Davis and I are in a trio with Sister Jenkins and we are in Jackson West. We are opening the area. It's SO EXCITING. Our area is 10 miles by 10 miles and we share the Madison ward with 2 other sets of missionaries. I wish I knew more about all this stuff, but I will be more informative next week. (:

Sister Jenkins is so great! I don't really know a lot about her yet, but we played the same sports in high school and she likes cookies and cream ice cream, so obviously it's going to be great. (: I'm so so so so so excited to work with and learn from her.

Sister Brimley and Sister Stevens are also in a trio, but they headed over to Louisiana. I'm so excited for them. (:

Fact: Duck Dynasty is in our mission. This is the south yall. This is real life. (:

AHHHHH I just love this so much! (: I'm so happy to be here and I'm so happy to get to work. It's going to be a great week! I love the mission culture already. Everyone is so happy and so hard working. I'm so glad to be a part of it! Love yall so much!

Also, Portuguese is hilarious in a southern accent. (:

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: