Sweet Week

Monday, May 27, 2013

Minha familia!
Surprise! P Day is on Monday. (: How the heck are ya?! Not as good as me, I guarantee it. (:

This has probably been the best week of my life. Well that week that Kristi and I house sat in Carson and we ate at In-N-Out Burger three times a day was pretty good too. (: So we are opening this area, which means we're starting fresh with a lot of finding. Michael, we went on splits with another district for our first day of tracting so you can't judge my **trainer for not making me do the first door. But don't worry, I'm making up for it. (:

You know how I'm immune to awkward situations? Ha. Without fail every single time I take the lead, we run into these situations that are more awkward than my brain could even conjure up. It's wonderful. So hilarious. Oh the stories, ohh the stories. (:

We've found a ton of incredible people that we're pumped about, though. I love the people here and I love talking with everyone. I'm excited for all of our return appointments this week. And teaching in English is the best! You can say whatever you want! (:

The people are (generally) super open to talking with us. They love the Savior and they really try to do all they can to follow Him, but mostly they just aren't too open to the idea that Heavenly Father has more in store for them. It's way hard. I feel like Nephi in the last chapter in 2 Nephi. I just don't know how to help these people except to just keep doing what we're doing and praying for them.

**Sister Jenkins is the besttttt. Yup. That about sums it up. I really don't know what to say about her. She's so stinking optimistic and hardworking and motivated and everything that either of my two single brothers should be looking for in a wife. Kidding. Not kidding. She asked how tall yall were. So, that happened. P.S. She's from Georgetown Kentucky, aka Lexington, aka we've been there about a trillion times. So that's cool. (:

Okey dokey, here are some numbers from the week:

8 - average number of skeeta bites per appendage.

3 - people in our ward who speak Portuguese! Two served missions in Brazil, and there's a girl my age who just moved from Brazil to the United States. Crazy! We sat next to each other during Relief Society and I translated what she couldn't understand. It was the best thing everrrrrrr.

1 - number of times we were "shown off the property." Not too shabby. (:

2 - times Sister Jenkins surrendered under the mercy of my bicep in arm wrestling.

7 - square miles of residential area that we cover. Tiny! And Sherwood Forest is here! All the streets near the forest are like, Nottingham and Friar. It's presh. (:

1 - cockroach vs. spider battle to the death in our kitchen arena. Just let that sink in for a minute.

5 - days it took me to find a guitar. (: That's right, baby. (: I wasn't actually looking, but we were eating lunch with some members yesterday and it came up that I play and we want to use it in finding and teaching, and it just so happened that these people have a lovely little Fender that's been sitting in their closet since they moved in. So they're letting us take it until I move out of the area. There are two parks in our area, so we are going to go play and sing and such tomorrow. I'M. SO. EXCITED! :D

60,281 - number of steps since Wednesday. (:

1 - number of times Sister Jenkins used the belt. Don't worry, it's legal down here. ...She typed that. (:

Ok ok ok. I LOVE YALL! Have a splendid week!

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: