Hi! It's been a lovely week around here! We kicked her off with a great Zone Conference. Our Zone is just so awesome!
As Sister Training Leaders, beyond training the female side of the mission, we are also responsible to help pass President Farnes' vision and excitement to the rest of the mission. We may be invited by the Zone Leaders to participate in all Zone Training meetings, as normally we do. But this week, Our Zone Leaders planned to give us the reins. And the reins we took.
Our Zone Leaders are just crazy and they always show up to meetings in baptismal clothing, so this week we decided to take it to the next level. (See picture below.) Haha oh my gosh it was awesome. (:
We're fighting hard this week to establish the Lord's kingdom here on Earth! but Satan's fighting back. I'm just all kinds of sick. ): I have a cold and fever and yesterday I lost my voice. Haha. I always thought it would be funny to do some street contacting just whispering, but now this is my life. Haha. (And now I know, it really is funny.) The best thing is that everyone else starts whispering too. Hahaha
It's made me remember what my mission was like just a little over a year ago when I didn't know how to speak a word of Portuguese. I didn't learn very much my first little while because my companion was always super quick to respond for me, so I kept a whole bunch of quiet. So I was thinking about this yesterday and how it's the perfect analogy for the Spirit. A lot of the time as teachers, we are so quick to respond or teach what we want to, that the Spirit never gets a chance to pipe in. He must get really frustrated. But by waiting, listening, and letting a good silence enter the atmosphere, we exercise our faith that the Spirit will teach and confirm to the hearts of those people. So I'm just perfecting my Spirit inviting skills. (:
We're looking forward to some Roman Noodles today (thankfully they exist in Brazil too (: ), and for the week, some exchanging with Sisters and members, a Stake Conference this weekend, and some baptizing to top it all off.
I hope ya'll have a great week too!
Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn
The second picture is of a jaca tree! It's a big old fruit - the size of a watermelon! Inside, it's the consistency of slimy gum and tastes like the cross between a banana and a pineapple. It's fantastically gross!
No comments:
Post a Comment