(:

Monday, May 12, 2014

Hi! I'm still so happy that I got to see the fam yesterday! (:

Our week has been all sorts of lovely. (: Sister M. Silva has been transferred, as I quickly mentioned, to one of the areas that we take care of. She's living with another set of Sisters too, so she'll be able to help them out a lot. Knowing the needs of the Sisters we are working with, she has gone to the right place.

As far as taking care of our Sisters goes, Sister Fuller and I have been following up by phone these days and focusing the other 98%of our time, talents, and energy on the needs of our ward and area. We. Are. So. Excited. About everything.

Firstly, I'm so excited about being with Sister Fuller. She is one of the most fantastic human beings that Heavenly Father has created. She is teaching me so much! I feel like a missionary again!

We're beginning to adopt one family of the ward every week as part of a program we call "Elder and Sister Rock." The "calling" of Elder and Sister Rock is given to a couple on the ward each week, and, as designated, makes them the "missionary family" and the center of our missionary efforts in that given week. As a missionary family, we give them a little taste of being real member missionaries, as their focus is, among other things, to share church material with others / hold a family home evening for their neighbors that are less-active members, recently baptized members, or people who are getting to know the church / being the means of bringing someone who isn't an active member to church. This week long boot-camp, that includes training and practicing, helps them catch a vision of the Work of Salvation. At the end of the couple's week as the designated Elder and Sister Rock, they report on their spiritual successes in Sacrament Meeting and pass the mantle to another family. It's going super! (: I'm SO PUMPEDDDDD!

I had mentioned briefly yesterday about the difficulty of legally marrying in Brazil and gave the example of Sister M. Silva's parents. Here's the latest news: When we got home yesterday after Skyping, I got a phone call from Sister M. Silva who had just talked to her parents too. Her dad announced that he was going to begin the legal process to marry her mom so that she could be baptized! What an amazing blessing! Her mom has been waiting for 12 years! I'm so incredibly happy for them!

Here's a thought for ya:

"Cherish your spritual burdens; God will converse with you throught them and will use you to do his work, if you will carry them well." - Elder Jeffery R. Holland

I hope you all have another great week! (:

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: