Hi. (:

Monday, November 4, 2013

Ok, I'll try and tell you more about stuff that's actually happening. (:

Wednesday, I went on splits with Sister Dutra who is our Sister Training Leader. I marked a solid appointment every hour of the day with people at varying stages with varying concerns so I could learn as much as I could for the short day of exchanges. She served here 8 months ago and remembered a few people she'd taught and wanted to visit, so between the two of us, we completely filled our planners with names and we had the perfect day planned.

Well, wouldn't you know it, nothing ever goes how you plan. So we were walking to our Plan C when someone yells out "Sister Dutra!" She turned to see her first baptism, 13 years old and cigarette in hand, walking towards us. Sister Santos and I had visited her family but a few months ago, she ran away from home and nobody knew where she ended up.

But Heavenly Father knew. He knew so He called Sister Dutra back to the capital to be my Sister Training Leader. He knew so He inspired us to plan our split on Wednesday. He knew so he delayed someone at work that we'd planned to see. He knew so He brought to memory a few people we'd planned as back up so that we'd be walking down the right street at the right time to meet Bruna. Sister Santos as I never would have recognized her, nor would she have had a reason to call out for us. But Heavenly Father is so aware of His children that He planned the perfect day. A lost sheep was found.

"We all, like sheep, have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the |Lord hath laid on him the iniquities of us all." -Mosiah 14:6

"And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you; and if you will harken unto his voice he will bring you into his fold, and ye are his sheep." -Alma 5:60

"Can a woman forget her...child...? Yea, they may forget, yet I will not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..." -Isaiah 49:15-16

"Dear to the heart of the shepherd...dear are the sheep that are lost...Out in the desert they wander, hungry and helpless and cold. Out to the rescue He hastens, bringing them back to the fold." -Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd, Hymn 221 (I think)

Barbara is doing fantastic, still on for Saturday! (I will probably die if I get transferred this week.)

In the event that I am not transferred, or if I'm still serving in the city of São Paulo, we're going to the temple and PDay will be Tuesday, so I'll be writing then.

Love ya'll. (:

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: