July 21, 2014

Monday, July 21, 2014

HI! (: This has been a week of miracles! I would like to tell you two stories.

Monday night, just after leaving our house, I tripped on an uneven sidewalk and sprained my ancle really badly. I couldn't even stand up. Sister Zapata and I said a prayer and we got up and kept going. While we were in homes teaching I couldn't even feel my ancle, but by night time it had gotten all kinds of worse and didn't let me sleep very much.

Tuesday we had interviews with President Farnes and as I was waiting to be interviewed, I opened up my scriptures and the first thing I read was in Alma 15:8-11. "And Alma said: If thou believest in the redemption of Christ thou canst be healed. And he said: Yea, I believe according to thy words. And then Alma cried unto the Lord, saying: O Lord our God, have mercy‍ on this man, and heal‍ him according to his faith which is in Christ. And when Alma had said these words, Zeezrom‍ leaped upon his feet, and began to walk."

So I asked President Farnes for a Priesthood blessing. Within the next day, all of the swelling went down and I've been able to walk without almost any pain. I know that the power of the Priesthood is real.

My other story is about Sheila, Mariana, Mateus, and Márcio. They are the Family that I mentioned in my letter last week. We found their name and phone number on an old Progress Report, so we decided to call them. Turns out, they had lived in our área, had moved away, but by chance on the VERY DAY that we called, they were moving back into Votorantim and needed help with the move. So we went to their new house to help and get to know them.

That week, they went to curch and we started to teah them. They had been taught a while ago and didn't really remember a whole lot of anything except that they had read and prayed about the Book of Mormon and they knew it was truly the word of God. They are such an excited bunch! They will be baptized as a family this Saturday! (:

We are being extremeley blessed to be able to see the hand of the Lord in our work. 
 Have a great week! 
 
Throwback - Vânia's baptism - Sister Fuller, Maria Clara, Laura, Vania, Sofia, and I (:

Sunset from Votorantim (:

this is (from left to right) Mateus, Mariana, Sheila, Márcio, Sister Zapata, and I. When we taught them about daily prayer and scripture study as a family, we gave them this Book of Mormon chart to mark their progress.

Throwbacks - Exchange bus riding with Sister Fuller

Love, love, love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments: